ITAR Consulting (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) control the export and import of defense related articles and services on the United States Munitions List (USML).These regulations implement the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), and are described in Title 22 (Foreign Relations), Chapter I (Department of State), Subchapter M of the Code of Federal Regulations. The Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) interprets and enforces ITAR. Its goal is to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives.
The related Export Administration Regulations (Code of Federal Regulations Physical enforcement of the ITAR; and all import and export laws of the United States is performed by Homeland Security Investigations Special Agents (formerly U.S. Customs) under Immigration and Customs Enforcement, an agency of the Department of Homeland Security. Additionally, Customs and Border Protection Officers, also under the Department of Homeland Security, inspect imports and exports at U.S. Border Crossings and International Airports and enforce import and export regulations.For practical purposes, ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies (items listed on the U.S. Munitions List) may only be shared with U.S. Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used. U.S. Persons (including organizations) can face heavy fines if they have, without authorization or the use of an exemption, provided foreign persons with access to ITAR-protected defense articles, services or technical data.
Activities Frequently Requiring Agreements
- Supporting Direct Commercial Sales to Foreign Parties
- Providing Overseas Maintenance or Training Support
- Technical Studies, Evaluations, Demonstrations or Consultations with Foreign Parties
- Release of Manufacturing Data or Rights
- Efforts to Import Technology from Abroad
- Supporting a Foreign Military Sales Case (Beyond scope of LOA)
- Supporting U.S. government-Sponsored Foreign Contracts
ITAR Services Offered by Global Kinetics:
- Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA)/MLA – New and Amendments
- Foreign Benefits Management, Payroll, Taxes, and Accounting
How ITAR Services Eases your Pain:
- Minimizes Legal Risk from the Start
- Reducing and Offloading HR Headaches and Day-to-Day Operations
- Offloaded Recruiting and Payroll Process
Take Your Company Global
Global Kinetics is an international accelerator enabling US companies to quickly penetrate European markets, scale operations, and compete in the EU as a European entity to increase sales, access new markets, build market share, and brand awareness; all while increasing shareholder value.